On October 20, KingSett Capital leaders Jon Love
, Founder & CEO and Anna Kennedy
, Chief Operating Officer, shared their words of wisdom and lessons learned about their career paths, real estate investments, leadership, managing the tough times, diversity and inclusion, and moving through COVID-19. Here are some event highlights.
Words of Wisdom from the Early Years
Lessons Learned during Defining Career Transactions
- Act with transparency, clarity, and integrity.
- Consult then decide.
- Be bold.
- Inspire confidence.
- Do the right thing no matter how difficult or unpopular.
- Look at it differently and it will change.
Diversity & Inclusion
- Execution in speed and intensity was everything.
- Look after the company and the stock will look after itself.
- Select the right stakeholders.
Moving through COVID-19
- A diverse team inspires better decisions.
- Mentoring and coaching are everyday activities.
- Provide immediate feedback.
- Recognize contributions.
- Respect and accommodation provide a work-life balance.
View Webinar Recording
- Mentorship, creativity, and innovation is difficult to do online.
- Humans need to congregate socially and at work.
- We will meet again.
- Advice to My Younger Self
- Stay true to your values.
- Take one day at a time.
- Spend less time second-guessing yourself.
- Build a broad network.