Toronto CREW Mentorship Program
Toronto CREW is dedicated to assisting young women in commercial real estate by providing experienced mentors who can impart industry knowledge and professional guidance. The Mentorship Program is designed to benefit these young women in ways that encourage them to continue to pursue a career in commercial real estate and assist them in fulfilling their professional goals.
Mentor Program Guidelines
The Toronto CREW Mentorship Program is currently recruiting Mentors for 2020. If you are a Toronto CREW member and are able to extend your time and expertise to a woman with more than one and less than five years of experience in the commercial real estate industry, please complete this form. All applications are to be received by the stated deadline. Any late applications may be considered at the sole discretion of the Toronto CREW Mentorship Committee (the “Committee”). Submit your completed form by October 25, 2019.
Mentor Recruitment and Participation
- Mentor participants are to be Toronto CREW Active members in good standing with a minimum of 10 years of experience in the commercial real estate industry.
- Mentors may be assigned as back-up mentors subject to the discretion of the Committee. Such mentors will be notified of their status and participation in advance.
- Mentor participants are to take the initiative in setting up regular meetings with their mentees, at a minimum on a monthly basis. Topics addressed and discussed in the mentoring relationship may include the following:
- Employment (job satisfaction, day-to-day issues, workplace relations, performance reviews, setting strategic goals and objectives, achievement of goals and objectives, etc.)
- Career management and planning (career pathways, career change, career planning and development, transition from technical role to management, etc.)
- Balancing work and personal life (partners/spouses vs. career, starting a family, parental leave, schooling for children, combining work and family commitments, etc.)
- Personal development (professionalism, time management, stress management, interpersonal skills, networking, leadership, etc.)
- Education (continuing professional development, pursuit of MBA or other designation, choosing courses, combining work and study, etc.)
The Toronto CREW Mentorship Program runs for a full calendar year. All Mentors participating in the Program will be required to attend a mandatory Mentor Training Session on Friday January 17, 2020 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.and a mandatory Match Night on Thursday, January 23, 2020 from 5:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Mentee Program Guidelines
- All applications are to be received by the stated deadline. Any late applications may be considered at the sole discretion of the Toronto CREW Mentorship Committee (the“Committee”).
- Mentee applicants are not required to be members of Toronto CREW, however priority and preference will be given to those who are Toronto CREW members in good standing. If accepted into the Program, Mentee participants will be required to become members of Toronto CREW. A letter to employers requesting financial support towards membership fees may be made available upon request. Submit your completed form by October 25, 2019.
Mentee Recruitment and Participation
- Current mentee applicants are to meet the Program requirements as stated in the application form (minimum 1 year and maximum 5 years full-time experience in the commercial real estate industry; currently employed full-time in the commercial real estate industry). Note that contract positions and internships do not constitute full-time employment.
- It is the responsibility of the mentee applicants and participants to keep the Committee informed of their contact information in the event of any changes to employment. Failure to do so will result in disqualification from the Program.
- Should there be more applications received than spots available, priority shall be considered in the following order:
- Applicants who are current Toronto CREW members in good standing;
- Applicants endorsed by Toronto CREW members in good standing;
- Applicants in their last year of eligibility (i.e. will be unable to apply the following year as they would exceed the requirement of a maximum of 5 years full-time experience in the commercial real estate industry);
- Applicants who are not in their first year nor last year of eligibility;
- Applicants in their first year of eligibility.
4. Should an applicant become unemployed prior to commencement of the Program, that applicant may not participate in the Program.
5. During participation in the Program, a gap in employment of less than 3 months is permissible, however continuation in the Program with longer gaps in employment are at the discretion of the Mentorship Committee.
6. Mentee participants are to adequately and appropriately prepare for meetings with their Mentors, including preparation of an agenda and/or topics of discussion to be sent to the Mentor at least one business day in advance.
The Toronto CREW Mentorship Program runs for a full calendar year. As a Mentee, you will be required to attend a mandatory Mentee Training Session on Wednesday, January 15, 2020 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. and a mandatory Match Night on Thursday, January 23, 2020, from 5:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Application forms available here
2020 Mentorship Co-Chair
2020 Mentorship Co-Chair