Toronto CREW 2018 Board of Directors
President - Anna Kennedy
Partner & Chief Financial Officer
Past President - Rosalyn Wallace
Director of Real Estate & Transactional and Legal Services
Magna International Inc.
President-elect - Alison Tortorice
Senior Director, Legal
The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited
Corporate Secretary - Alysha Valenti
Vice-President, Corporate Legal
Oxford Properties Group
Treasurer - Farrah Khimji
Grant Thornton LLP
Director, Education and Professional Development - Kim Train
General Manager, National Programs
Oxford Properties Group
Director, Marketing & Communications - Susan Vertes Dutton
Senior Property Manager
Director, Membership - Josie Lee
Colliers Project Leaders
Director, Programs - Vera Gisarov
Why serve on the Board of Directors?
- Broaden your professional network.
- Know ‘who to ask’ if you have questions or wish to seek advice on key industry issues.
- Hone your organizational and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate to your peers your special skills and capabilities, so they will be inclined to refer work to you, should the opportunity arise.
- Increase your visibility in the industry.
- Demonstrate your leadership skills to your boss.
- Provides a sense of belonging in the real estate community.
- Give back to the great industry that has given so much to you.
- Learn about different facets of the commercial real estate industry.
- Be recognized for your contributions by your peers.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Associate with people who are like you – balancing a demanding career, family, and self.
- It’s fun!
Board Member Selection
Toronto CREW is managed by a strategic Board of Directors consisting of nine members. The Call for Nominations to the Board is issued in the early spring of each year. Chapter policy governing nominations for Toronto CREW leadership positions permits members to nominate themselves or others to an independent Nominating Committee. This ensures an unbiased review of all candidates and aims to encourage broad interest from the general membership.
For the positions on the Board, the Nominating Committee will consider in particular those who have demonstrated interest in serving and who have an understanding of goals and purposes of Toronto CREW, which is typically gained from working on committees, or having been a Vice-Chair, Chair or Director, or in a professional position which provides qualifications for a particular role.
Past Presidents of Toronto CREW
2017 Rosalyn Wallace - Magna International
2016 Sharon Addison - McLean & Kerr LLP
2015 Kim Lanthier - Oxford Properties Group
2014 Tara Piurko - Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
2013 Samantha Farrell - Dundee Realty Management
2012 Nancy Prenevost - Oxford Properties Group
2011 Megan McGowan - M2Co Inc.
2010 Barbara Bees - Redcliff Realty Management Inc.
2009 Jane Helmstadter - Bennett Jones LLP
2008 Andrea Kraus - Lennard Commercial Realty, Brokerage
2007 Carolyn Laidley Arn - Lennard Commercial Realty, Brokerage
2006 Marta Lewycky - First Capital Realty Inc.
2005 Mary Mowbray - Colliers International
2004 Karen Weaver - First Capital Realty Inc.
2003 Denise MacDonald - Fisher & Company
2002 Danny Klempfner - S & H Realty Corporation
2001 Victoria Joly - Brookfield Financial Real Estate Group Limited
2000 Janis Duncan - Cushman & Wakefield Ltd.
1999 Janis Duncan - Cushman & Wakefield Ltd.
1998 Danny Klempfner - S & H Realty Corporation
1997 Danny Klempfner - S & H Realty Corporation
Toronto CREW’s Past Presidents, at our 20th Anniversary Dinner in January 2016