Toronto CREW 2018 Board of Directors
President - Alison Tortorice
Senior Director, Legal
The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited
Grant Thornton LLP
Past President - Anna Kennedy
Chief Operating Officer
& Chief Financial Officer
Vice-President & Business Manager
Senior Director of Finance
Director, Education and Professional Development
General Manager, National Programs
Oxford Properties Group
Director, Marketing & Communications
Dentons Canada LLP
Director, Membership & Mentorship
Colliers Project Leaders
Director, Programs & Golf Classic
Oxford Properties Group
Why serve on the Board of Directors?
- Broaden your professional network.
- Know ‘who to ask’ if you have questions or wish to seek advice on key industry issues.
- Hone your organizational and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate to your peers your special skills and capabilities, so they will be inclined to refer work to you, should the opportunity arise.
- Increase your visibility in the industry.
- Demonstrate your leadership skills to your boss.
- Provides a sense of belonging in the real estate community.
- Give back to the great industry that has given so much to you.
- Learn about different facets of the commercial real estate industry.
- Be recognized for your contributions by your peers.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Associate with people who are like you – balancing a demanding career, family, and self.
- It’s fun!
Board Member Selection
Toronto CREW is managed by a strategic Board of Directors consisting of nine members. The Call for Nominations to the Board is issued in the early spring of each year. Chapter policy governing nominations for Toronto CREW leadership positions permits members to nominate themselves or others to an independent Nominating Committee. This ensures an unbiased review of all candidates and aims to encourage broad interest from the general membership.
For the positions on the Board, the Nominating Committee will consider in particular those who have demonstrated interest in serving and who have an understanding of goals and purposes of Toronto CREW, which is typically gained from working on committees, or having been a Vice-Chair, Chair or Director, or in a professional position which provides qualifications for a particular role.
Past Presidents of Toronto CREW
2017 Rosalyn Wallace - Magna International
2016 Sharon Addison - Dentons LLP
2015 Kim Lanthier -
2014 Tara Piurko - Miller Thomson LLP
2013 Samantha Farrell -
2012 Nancy Prenevost - Oxford Properties Group
2011 Megan McGowan - M2Co Inc.
2010 Barbara Bees - .
2009 Jane Helmstadter - Bennett Jones LLP
2008 Andrea Kraus - Lennard Commercial Realty, Brokerage
2007 Carolyn Laidley Arn - Lennard Commercial Realty, Brokerage
2006 Marta Lewycky - Minden Gross LLP
2005 Mary Mowbray - Colliers International
2004 Karen Weaver - D+H Limited Partnership.
2003 Denise MacDonald - Hangar9 Retail Operations
2002 Danny Klempfner - S & H Realty Corporation
2001 Victoria Joly - Distinctive Advisors Inc.
2000 Janis Duncan - More than an Occasion.
1999 Janis Duncan - More than an Occasion
1998 Danny Klempfner - S & H Realty Corporation
1997 Danny Klempfner - S & H Realty Corporation
Toronto CREW’s Past Presidents, at our 20th Anniversary Dinner in January 2016